Outside Asylum: RE: You overlooked the answer you provided by Steve Eddy
Take a walk, smell the roses. Any topic is fine, save people bashing.
|For Sale Ads|
In Reply to: You overlooked the answer you provided posted by jedrider on August 5, 2012 at 10:15:28:
More money stays local with local businesses that are locally owned and operated. The chain stores provided low-income employment and export the money elsewhere -- to low-taxed investors and people like Romney. That is what happened to the money.
But the average consumer doesn't give a flying fuck about any of that. All they care about is being able to stockpile their homes with more cheap shit from China, purchased at Walmart.
And more to the point, turning me into a nationwide tax collector isn't going to fix that.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Time To Say Goodbye To Tax-Free Online Shopping = Mindfuck - Steve Eddy 10:05:17 08/4/12 ( 13)
- Sales tax is regressive - Jay Buridan 10:53:38 08/5/12 ( 0)
And, where did you get this anti-tax rant?? - jedrider 10:54:12 08/4/12 ( 11)
- Somehow I managed to write it all by myself... - Steve Eddy 12:01:37 08/4/12 ( 10)
- Good rant then!! - jedrider 13:20:29 08/4/12 ( 9)
- RE: Good rant then!! - Steve Eddy 15:20:48 08/4/12 ( 8)
- Look around you! A lot has changed. - jedrider 15:34:52 08/4/12 ( 7)
- What? - Steve Eddy 16:45:39 08/4/12 ( 6)
- Maybe, because Brick & Mortar is dying and state revenue is not keeping up - jedrider 17:06:21 08/4/12 ( 5)
- But why is B&M dying? - Steve Eddy 17:51:53 08/4/12 ( 4)
- Good, I see you answered your own question! - jedrider 21:16:15 08/4/12 ( 3)