Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Re: alignment tool, thanks! posted by Leo on December 7, 1999 at 13:46:55:
Make the center hole: Put the "tool" on the platter: Put the diamond tip of the stylus on the first (outer) point (revolve the platter): Check for parallellity with the lines on the "tool": Adjust cartridge: Do it again: if goo proceed: Put the stylus on the second (inner) point: Ceck for parallellity: Adjust: Start over with the outer: Adjust: when all is fine all is fine! [There is a instruction at the same sit: But it's all in swedish so it *may* be a little hard to understand ;-) )
The scale is centimeters, and a inch scale as well if I remember... (certainly not feet)
VTA? Well, the "rod" of the stylus should be about 20 deg to the record (platter). Usually there are a surface on the cartridge thet should parallell to the record. To adjust it is somewhat tricky, so pose a new Q if it is far out (2-3 deg.)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Cartridge help for new comer - Leo 16:15:46 12/06/99 (15)
- Re: Cartridge help for new comer - Pär 00:34:22 12/07/99 (14)
- Re: Cartridge help for new comer - Leo 06:15:23 12/07/99 (13)
- Re: Cartridge help for new comer - Leo 12:54:50 12/07/99 (3)
- Re: Cartridge help for new comer - Chris Fagas 13:25:29 12/07/99 (2)
- Maybe you don't need to do anything... - Chris Fagas 06:59:05 12/07/99 (8)
- Re: Maybe you don't need to do anything... - Glen 10:55:04 12/07/99 (1)
- Re: Maybe you don't need to do anything... - Chris Fagas 12:51:24 12/07/99 (0)
- Re: alignment tool - Pär 07:41:34 12/07/99 (5)
You can not post to an archived thread.