Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Record warp rideability ? posted by caligari on February 3, 2010 at 20:55:24:
"I have a JVC turntable with an electronic tonearm that applies magnetic force on damping and tracking force. It tracks like a hunting dog, even with severely warped records."
Magnetic force...hunting dog....does it growl too? Bet it just chomps right down on that warped vinyl!
My Rega with either my favored Jico or Garrot carts tracks pretty much even severe warps, tracking at under 1.0 (Jico) or 1.2 (Garrott). No magnetic force or dog bites.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Record warp rideability ? - AbeCollins 16:46:13 02/03/10 (10)
- Use the fluid damping feature... - blake 21:37:37 02/03/10 (1)
- RE: Use the fluid damping feature... - AbeCollins 21:56:22 02/03/10 (0)
- Proportional to VTF x Compliance - Mark Kelly 19:39:03 02/03/10 (0)
- My Issue W/ Record Warp... - AlbumAddictED 19:19:04 02/03/10 (0)
- RE: Record warp rideability ? - Coner 18:39:19 02/03/10 (0)
- Greater undamped mass in the Jelco. The Jelco damping, IIRC, - Opus 104 16:59:08 02/03/10 (0)
- RE: Record warp rideability ? - astralnavigator 16:58:29 02/03/10 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Record warp rideability ? - astralnavigator 13:34:14 02/04/10 (0)