Home Vinyl Asylum

Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.

Rega P25 vs. Rega P5 :

So, We went window shopping today, 'Father's Day' on the way to a restaurant. We walked by an audio shop that had some Rega tt's in the window, a P3 and a P5 to be exact. What got me is on the P5 they have that metal 'frame' around the plinth. Tell me please, why this cheap looking 'picture frame' around the plinth? It makes the whole turntable look cheap. Does it have any function??? Now my P25 has a nice wooden frame around it's plinth, but it looks good and adds to the appearance in a positive way. Actually it doesn't have any function either except it at least isn't distracting and it doesn't makes the turntable look gaudy and cheap looking. The P3 that was in the shop window had no cheap metal frame around it and it looked far better then the P5.
What are the supposed advantages of a P5 over the P25 anyway?
There are a lot of very attractive turntables on the market right now selling for around the price of a P5. I could name a few, -like the entry level Champion or Emotion by Clearaudio, Funk, Nothingham Horizon, ProJect and the ProJect made Thorens, and Morantz, and even Music Hall.
So, you P5 lovers, why did you settle on something cheap and unsightly when you had so many other options?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Rega P25 vs. Rega P5 : - Vinylly 16:25:40 06/21/09 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.