Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
Ok, so my Oracle Delphi Mk II motor is dying (loud motor boat engine type sound + wrong/slower speed for 33 1/3, etc) and I'm looking at a replacement. The Origin Live motor upgrade sounds intriguing and price is right. I have gone through the really brief info on Origin Live website, and I have done a search here and have read a few quick comments from fellow inmates already... However, I'm not really technically savvy in terms of turntable maintenance so I still have a few questions:
(1) One inmate mentioned it can be fit inside the Oracle's stock motor housing but how? I have opened up the top cover to take a look and there is no place to mount the Origin Live mounting plate. He also mentioned he has to do some trimming on the mounting plate but it is not clear to me what needs to be done by looking the the picture of the kit and the motor housing...
(2) Origin Live website mentions there is three choices of pulley: LONG, SHORT and LARGE. So should it be LONG or LARGE?
(3) Do I need a new belt or can I use the stock one? I guess it related to the where I install the new motor and the tension I will be applying but what about the pulley type?
(4) Another inmate (or the same one?) commented that the stock motor from the kit (I guess it is DC100?) need some help to get it going because of slightly lack of torque. Will the bigger DC200 motor fit for an Oracle Delphi's metal platter?
(5) So, if I decided to removed the Delphi stock motor housing instead how/where can I fabricate the parts need for a new housing, base place, feet? By looking at the Origin Live their kits don't provide other mounting/housing option except for that mounting plate on the motor. I'm not really into metal work, etc. so it will be difficult for me to made these so is there anyone around that can do it for a fee (or even have an Oracle kit for the Origin Live motor upgrade)? Or, may be I should just forget about this totally and try to get another Mk II w/ a working motor?
Thanks! Your help will be much appreciated! Origin Live makes it sound very easy but after going through some info I'm more confused then ever.
(I guess I can go for the Oracle Mk V upgrade but it is $1700 + the machining work needed for the upgrade... but may be this is a better route?)
Edits: 06/23/08This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - QuadESL63 15:51:22 06/23/08 (11)
- RE: HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - TBone 09:14:19 06/24/08 (1)
- Sounds more complicated than I thought... - QuadESL63 13:15:54 06/24/08 (0)
- RE: HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - Werner 03:19:28 06/24/08 (4)
- RE: HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - TBone 09:27:26 06/24/08 (0)
- RE: HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - QuadESL63 04:50:36 06/24/08 (2)
- RE: HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - Werner 04:56:53 06/24/08 (1)
- The Oracle pod... - QuadESL63 05:00:57 06/24/08 (0)
- Here's a link showing how it's done - B.K. 02:44:18 06/24/08 (1)
- Thanks, but... - QuadESL63 04:30:08 06/24/08 (0)
- RE: HELP: Origin Live Motor Upgrade & Oracle Delphi Mk2 - P Fowler 20:09:36 06/23/08 (1)
- I did... - QuadESL63 04:27:43 06/24/08 (0)