Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Another TT pic for your amusement posted by Pcosta on May 27, 2007 at 04:23:09:
Standing on a Vibraplane platform, or similar. Looks like a "Shun Mook" record clamp, but I could be wrong.
What gets me about the TW Acoustic turntables is the similarities between it and the Teres, Redpoint, Galibier design layouts. Cantilevered armboards, non-suspended and belt drive with separate motor pod. Of Course I wouldn't want to overlook that the Teres, Redpoint and Galibier designs incorporate rigid non-flex drive belts where this "Raven" appears to be using a large rubber band for its drive.
AC versus DC motors. I think the Raven uses AC.
I'd really like to see an A to B comparison between this Raven and one of the top level Galibier tables.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Another TT pic for your amusement - Pcosta 04:23:09 05/27/07 (20)
- RE: Another TT pic for your amusement - adhoc 02:43:38 05/28/07 (0)
- Minus K isolation platform - Mark Kelly 15:55:47 05/27/07 (7)
- RE: Minus K isolation platform - Stitch 06:01:15 05/28/07 (0)
- RE: Minus K isolation platform - larryLR 16:22:10 05/27/07 (5)
- RE: TW Acoustic - user510 12:09:07 05/27/07 (3)
- RE: TW Acoustic - Pcosta 16:45:50 05/27/07 (2)
- RE: Another TT pic for your amusement - emailists 10:56:03 05/27/07 (0)
- The wrap on the tonearm wire reminds me - Muzikmike 09:37:41 05/27/07 (0)
- OMG! A Sun Yat Sen petrified Carumba wood LP weight!! - HenryH 07:06:05 05/27/07 (0)
- RE: Another TT pic for your amusement - Ozzy 05:51:57 05/27/07 (1)
- Thanks - Pcosta 10:51:58 05/27/07 (0)
- RE: Another TT pic for your amusement - larryLR 04:41:22 05/27/07 (1)
- RE: Another TT pic for your amusement - Pcosta 10:53:20 05/27/07 (0)