Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Re: And... posted by PanzerVI on May 12, 2007 at 23:31:42:
I can see I need to be very patient with someone who smokes un-taxed
cigarettes, since you're obviously having difficulty functioning
on this plane.
When dealing with idiots, I do have trouble functioning at the top of my game. I admit it, so there.
Some of those cigarettes would come in handy about now...for sure. LOL
Slowly...........; The conversation with the tech begins with a question about a B&O. The tech offers several opinions. The B&O has a problem with producing an accurate soundstage. He assumes I'm interested in mid-fi equipment...
I may have underestimated your tech at the outset because I also believe that you are a mid-fi guy...at best.
offers that he doesn't like older Duals with the idler drive. Reason
at this point unknown, since I didn't ask.
Maybe he thought you wouldn't be able to work one of those.
He suggests Sony, Pioneer, and Yamaha. He then tells me that the BEST option is a manual belt drive, and as an example as to why, points out that most high end brands use that system.
Well, maybe he was right because you do seem to be a guy who would gravitate towards the ten dollar end of audio. Get a Pioneer. They are great!
What is the inconsistancy [SIC] you are trying to illuminate?
I am not trying to illuminate any; I did illuminate them.
And as to referencing past posts, I've already mentioned the Technics 1200mk II
Well, write it down, so you won't forget.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Dual vs. B&O; last time - PanzerVI 19:54:17 05/09/07 (25)
- I convert Duals to manuals - nightdoggy 15:32:37 05/11/07 (0)
- Ever seen a picture of Calvin in the back window of a pick up truck?? - HamBone77 12:42:09 05/10/07 (0)
- Try listening and judge for yourself! - oldtrptplyr 09:46:07 05/10/07 (0)
- the problem with vintage Duals isn't the idler drive... - mhardy6647 05:04:11 05/10/07 (0)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - Munkie_NL 23:57:43 05/09/07 (1)
- FWIW - GRH 04:55:03 05/10/07 (0)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - Stone 21:28:39 05/09/07 (0)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - mosin 21:09:52 05/09/07 (13)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - PanzerVI 01:07:27 05/10/07 (7)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - mosin 11:11:43 05/10/07 (5)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - PanzerVI 21:55:32 05/11/07 (4)
- "Name a few?" Oh . . . how does Technics, Goldmun and Teres sound? - HenryH 04:45:11 05/10/07 (0)
- religion? - analog guy 21:24:14 05/09/07 (3)
- Re: religion? - nightdoggy 15:38:14 05/11/07 (1)
- what's old is new... - analog guy 15:56:46 05/11/07 (0)
- Re: religion? - mosin 21:31:20 05/09/07 (0)
- agree completely - Nasty 21:16:09 05/09/07 (0)
- Re: Dual vs. B&O; last time - George Mann 20:30:13 05/09/07 (3)Follow Ups
- Re: And... - mosin 07:06:50 05/13/07 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.