Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
... I've been using the original issue mat on my Thorens TD125 - mostly out of lazyness and the fact that changing mats did not sound like an exciting or very significant tweak.
I don't remember what I read about the Herbie's Way Excellent mat, but I decided that it was worth a shot - especially since they have a 30-day return policy and they take PayPal (I prefer using PayPal to using credit cards online - especially with smaller and lesser known merchants - kudos to Herbie's Audio Lab for taking PayPal.)
The mat arrived just 3 days after I put the order in (one more kudos for fast shipping.)
Finally, after a hard day at work, I had a chance to put the mat on and do some serious listening. I took just a few seconds to realize that the mat improved the sound considerably in terms of blacker background, tighter and more pronounced bass, and more detail on higher octaves. I'll wait a couple of more days and do some A/B with the older mat and post a more detailed update, but so far I think this might be one my best tweaks yet.
PS I included the pic of the TD125 that's getting the new mat ... just because I like to look at other people TTs and set-ups and I assume others do too.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - What a difference a turntable mat makes ... at least the Herbie's mat - albertoderoma 20:53:38 08/16/06 (29)
- waht effect if any did the textured foam have on the TT's sound? - Timbo in Oz 01:44:28 08/18/06 (0)
- TWO lovely TT's, Hmmm, Did you re-adjust the suspension? not to rain on your parade. Is it a sticky mat? - Timbo in Oz 01:22:56 08/18/06 (0)
- Not sticky - blowhorn 08:28:28 08/18/06 (0)
- Re: What a difference a turntable mat makes ... at least the Herbie's mat - rocky raccoon 23:52:37 08/17/06 (0)
- talk about pride of ownership! - OMalley 20:03:37 08/17/06 (0)
- Re: What a difference a turntable mat makes ... at least the Herbie's mat - dean man jim 14:33:34 08/17/06 (0)
- will this mat work on technics sl1200 ? - vad69 10:54:07 08/17/06 (3)
- Re: will this mat work on technics sl1200 ? - albertoderoma 13:03:22 08/17/06 (2)
- Re: What a difference a turntable mat makes ... at least the Herbie's mat - albertoderoma 06:49:29 08/17/06 (6)
- Re:platter polishing - Joel_Waterman 19:24:44 08/17/06 (5)
- Fabulous plinth.. - marc-homeslice 06:47:19 08/17/06 (2)
- Re: Fabulous plinth.. - albertoderoma 07:04:35 08/17/06 (1)
- Thanks Albert for the info. and your kind response, enjoy the music ! (nt) - marc-homeslice 07:07:17 08/17/06 (0)
- Which version mat did you get? - sjmikeb 06:11:13 08/17/06 (1)
- Re: Which version mat did you get? - albertoderoma 06:53:37 08/17/06 (0)
- Super looking table..... - freefallrob 01:01:27 08/17/06 (0)
- Gorgeous TD 125 (NT) - Fred J 00:20:16 08/17/06 (0)
- I bought a Herbie's mat for my Rega P9 - sleeper 22:43:05 08/16/06 (0)
- OY... - Joel_Waterman 22:42:06 08/16/06 (0)
- Beautiful table, Alberto! - Jack1 22:16:42 08/16/06 (0)
- Re: What a difference a turntable mat makes ... at least the Herbie's mat - rgordonpf 21:47:45 08/16/06 (0)
- Re: What a difference a turntable mat makes ... at least the Herbie's mat - Dogface1956 21:41:25 08/16/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.