Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Couple more things... posted by Mr Vinyl on November 12, 2004 at 13:00:03:
Yes, "riot gear" may have been an overstatement, but not by much.
Do you honestly think that someone called 911, said "This guy is selling bootleg records?" and the cops ran over with their guns drawn? Sorry, but raids like these are organized at the station with the cops' supervisors involved. And in situations like these, the supervisors usually get their instructions from the mayor's office or the feds. If you don't believe me, ask the next cop you see.
Um, Washington's "City Paper" is a respected weekly and part of a national chain. It is published on real paper, not just on the Internet. Following your logic, all newspaper stories are suspect and not to be trusted.
As usual, you seem to care less about facts than promoting your ideology. Whatever.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Joe's Record Paradise in Rockville, MD - MarkEL 09:55:10 11/12/04 (30)
- I just got back from Joe's - Dave Pogue 08:19:08 11/13/04 (0)
- Isn't this the general area... - TeddiJackEddie 04:36:13 11/13/04 (0)
- Re: Big difference between pirates & bootlegs - recordhead 14:00:42 11/12/04 (4)
- Re: Big difference between pirates & bootlegs - JefferyK 14:10:52 11/12/04 (3)
- How would you know if you saw a counterfeit copy of a best selling CD? - Mr Vinyl 14:33:02 11/12/04 (2)
- Re: How would you know if you saw a counterfeit copy of a best selling CD? - recordhead 20:00:13 11/12/04 (0)
- Ever seen a Chinese pirated CD? - JefferyK 14:41:07 11/12/04 (0)
- Wow, just read the article... - j rodney 11:43:46 11/12/04 (0)
- "While the police should be focused on homeland security" - Mr Vinyl 11:18:43 11/12/04 (16)
- That isn't the point . . . - JefferyK 11:33:43 11/12/04 (15)
- "Does that seem like a productive use of law enforcement resources to you?" - Mr Vinyl 12:16:37 11/12/04 (13)
- I agree . . . - JefferyK 12:27:39 11/12/04 (12)
- Couple more things... - Mr Vinyl 13:00:03 11/12/04 (5)
- Erm . . . - JefferyK 13:59:21 11/12/04 (2)
- riot gear - xtype 13:49:31 11/12/04 (1)
- Re: riot gear - Mr Vinyl 13:58:35 11/12/04 (0)
- Is it really a crime??? - j rodney 12:40:04 11/12/04 (5)
- Is Dan Quayle in the house? - BadgerDMS 11:53:34 11/12/04 (0)
- MOFOs!!!!!!!!!!!!! - ToshiroMeyers 10:22:37 11/12/04 (3)
- Re: MOFOs!!!!!!!!!!!!! - EBerlin 10:53:46 11/12/04 (2)
- Re: Joe's Record Paradise in Rockville, MD - pkell44 10:04:51 11/12/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.