Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: New P3 Motor Clicking posted by SRO on October 30, 2004 at 02:27:54:
As an update I have decided that I will be returning the P3 and cartridge for a refund. There was significant hum in the unit and this is with a Super Elys cartridge. I did the test of moving the tonearm across the record and the hum gets very loud near the center of the record. I also unplugged the turntable from the PP2 and there was no hum what so ever from the phono preamp. I guess their design of no grounding cable is pretty poor. When the Linn Axis I have was hooked to this system it was extremely quiet, never any hum. Although this is an entry level table, at $1,100 for the table and cartridge I expected good music with no issues. No more Rega products for me.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New P3 Motor Clicking - SRO 02:27:54 10/30/04 (10)
- Re: New P3 Motor Clicking - SRO 10:25:21 11/02/04 (0)
- The motor clicking is normal. - olddude55 09:28:57 10/31/04 (0)
- Re: New P3 Motor Clicking - SRO 04:31:10 10/31/04 (2)
- Individual problems don't mean that's the norm - creativepart 09:16:05 10/31/04 (0)
- Someone get riped off. - Stale 07:58:51 10/31/04 (0)
- Common on the old type Planars - Stale 15:06:57 10/30/04 (0)
- I replaced the motor in my Planar 3 with the new motor... - Steve Parry 08:10:53 10/30/04 (0)
- TT upgrade: how far do I need to go? - rnm4 03:56:52 10/30/04 (2)
You can not post to an archived thread.