Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Audio-Technica posted by reuben on August 19, 2012 at 06:13:06:
I wouldn't quite second the AT nomination, 'cause slightly sideways pointing cantilevers and azimuth deviations are not that rare on AT needles (and not only the cheap ones). Gladly enough, these most usually are easily user-repairable. But some aren't - for example an ATN95E of a German forum aquaintance, on which the diamond iself wasn't oriented correctly, so that the front/back flats of the (pseudo-)elliptical tip were looking some 30° (!!!) sideways. Granted though, for the very low price of an AT95E one probably can't really expect stellar quality control anymore...
Greetings from Munich!
Manfred / lini
P.S.: And no worries, I've already got four spare ATN13s for my AT13EaV. The ATN13EaV and ATN13EaX are lower quality, bonded ones, btw - so if one would like the nice, high quality nudie with rectangular shank, the regular ATN13 (with golden AT logo) is the version to look for...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Cartridge manufacturer quality and reliability? - TubeDriver 08:15:39 08/17/12 (19)
- Update - EdAInWestOC 20:04:53 08/24/12 (0)
- There have been a few problem reports lately... - EdAInWestOC 12:34:01 08/20/12 (2)
- RE: There have been a few problem reports lately... - SgreenP@MSN.com 12:57:07 08/20/12 (1)
- It is not surprising... - EdAInWestOC 19:20:22 08/20/12 (0)
- Audio-Technica - reuben 06:13:06 08/19/12 (5)
- RE: Audio-Technica - recent productions any good? - ianm0 17:02:31 08/22/12 (1)
- My OC9MLII is also less than perfect - reuben 06:18:55 08/23/12 (0)
- RE: Audio-Technica - rindolini 02:18:53 08/21/12 (2)
- Add Dynavector to that list. /nt\ - Opus 104 10:05:20 08/17/12 (7)
- I don't I agree (completely) - wgallupe 17:07:33 08/17/12 (5)
- RE: I don't I agree (completely) - Jack D II 11:26:48 08/20/12 (0)
- Going by personal experience with 4 carts over 10 years. - Opus 104 17:24:03 08/17/12 (3)
- RE: Going by personal experience with 4 carts over 10 years. - painter27 19:31:23 08/17/12 (2)
- I'll second that. -nt - Raiderman 15:37:55 08/17/12 (0)
- RE: Cartridge manufacturer quality and reliability? - kuma 09:03:14 08/17/12 (0)