Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Overhang posted by John Elison on August 18, 2012 at 08:07:20:
Well that's the thing no one says explicitly. Learning to ignore information that is irrelevant is harder than it should be sometimes. The cart is an AT150 MLX. It comes with a little plastic bit for the purpose of hitting the proposed overhang.
I realized pretty quickly there was no way to get a good alignment using that figure. If I remember, this was before vinyl engine had figures posted for the specific alignment methods.
Thus my use of a simple protractor with no overhang arc, which was a good experience.
Sota also doesn't publish a lot of data on their tables, so being confident of certain measurements has taken me some time comparing different approaches.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Protractor idea - jupiterboy 09:07:57 08/17/12 (24)
- RE: Protractor idea - Bob_in_OKC 21:02:18 08/17/12 (9)
- I use an Avid hifi rega alignment. - jimel84 07:29:44 08/18/12 (2)
- RE: I use an Avid hifi rega alignment. - jupiterboy 10:05:27 08/18/12 (1)
- RE: I use an Avid hifi rega alignment. - jimel84 12:01:12 08/18/12 (0)
- One thing - jupiterboy 07:15:46 08/18/12 (0)
- That's a beauty... - John Elison 22:35:22 08/17/12 (4)
- PICS! WE WANT PICS! - Muzikmike 13:36:43 08/17/12 (11)
- RE: PICS! WE WANT PICS! - John Elison 15:10:00 08/17/12 (10)
- RE: PICS! WE WANT PICS! - BPoletti 18:48:47 08/17/12 (8)
- RE: PICS! WE WANT PICS! - John Elison 19:52:40 08/17/12 (7)
- Overhang - jupiterboy 07:02:42 08/18/12 (4)
- RE: Overhang - John Elison 08:07:20 08/18/12 (3)
- RE: PICS! WE WANT PICS! - BPoletti 21:06:12 08/17/12 (1)
- RE: PICS! WE WANT PICS! - John Elison 22:18:07 08/17/12 (0)
- RE: PICS! WE WANT PICS! - jupiterboy 16:15:51 08/17/12 (0)
- RE: Protractor idea - 6bq5 09:26:51 08/17/12 (1)
- RE: Protractor idea - jupiterboy 16:00:38 08/17/12 (0)
- RE: Overhang - jupiterboy 08:24:43 08/18/12 (1)
- Wow! I'm simply amazed... - John Elison 13:06:29 08/18/12 (0)