Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: ARO or Linn arms don't sound that great on a non Linn table... posted by Plinius_Fan on August 8, 2012 at 00:07:07:
if you can verify it's in a good shape and comes with all the accessories & a box, i'd swing for one.
I am still not convinced on the arm on other deck than an LP 12, tho.
Plus, if you want a neutral tonality ( meaning transparency ), ARO is not the right arm for that sort of thing.
Might be better off with a Rega arm or if you can source a Dynavector arm ( I find it neutral, dynamic and is not lead footed ), that will be better asuming it'll work with your whatever the turntable.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rega RB700 vs Linn Ittok VII - Plinius_Fan 20:36:10 08/07/12 (20)
- RE: Rega RB700 vs Linn Ittok VII - Sturgus 18:01:21 08/08/12 (0)
- SME 309 is very dynamic - richardl 11:30:58 08/08/12 (5)
- RE: SME 309 is very dynamic - John Elison 13:30:32 08/08/12 (4)
- 309 is a nice arm if it works with his turntable. .. - kuma 15:42:27 08/08/12 (3)
- RE: 309 is a nice arm if it works with his turntable. .. - John Elison 16:18:07 08/08/12 (2)
- Also go with some sort of dropped counterweight... - EdAInWestOC 05:10:39 08/08/12 (0)
- Go with the Rega arm if dynamics are paramount. /nt\ - Opus 104 04:34:33 08/08/12 (0)
- ARO or Linn arms don't sound that great on a non Linn table... - kuma 22:45:12 08/07/12 (10)
- RE: ARO or Linn arms don't sound that great on a non Linn table... - Plinius_Fan 00:07:07 08/08/12 (9)
- 1.5k for a complete ARO in mint? Where?! - kuma 08:15:11 08/08/12 (2)
- A Graham 2.2 (which I use on my LP12) ... - andyr 04:28:57 08/08/12 (5)
- Is Graham lean or analytical ? - Plinius_Fan 08:57:25 08/08/12 (4)