Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Tonearm protractors posted by pc1 on July 27, 2012 at 17:31:31:
Tonearm manufacturers usually provide good set-up information for their arms, but cartridge stylus positions vary with most cartridges. A Lyra cart will mount in a different position in the arm than will a Denon or an AT. Retipping / rebuilding a cartridge often positions the stylus differently than the original cantilever. This would require mounting / aligning the cartridge based on the new stylus position even though its the same unit.
The only way to really align a cartridge is to use some kind of protractor. Some arm manufacturers provide protractors even if its just a mirror with a couple of lines and null points.
There are a lot of cartridge alignment tools and protractors available for free dcownload at vinylengine.com.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tonearm protractors - pc1 17:31:31 07/27/12 (6)
- There is more than one way to align a cartridge... - EdAInWestOC 18:07:02 07/28/12 (0)
- "Why are tonearm protractors required when the manufactures specification for the arm is available?" ... - andyr 03:49:23 07/28/12 (0)
- RE: Tonearm protractors - BPoletti 19:59:19 07/27/12 (2)
- RE: Tonearm protractors - pc1 03:25:37 07/28/12 (1)
- RE: Tonearm protractors - BPoletti 08:14:27 07/28/12 (0)
- RE: Tonearm protractors - unclestu 17:51:09 07/27/12 (0)