Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Lyra and coil angles posted by Tre' on March 28, 2012 at 12:16:43:
It sounds important and is a justification for "knowledge" or pricing. In a way , forget it. Every cartridge has its own specifications and sound abilities. Some sound better than others, some worse. A new Design from a Manufacturer is no guarantee that it will sound better than its predeccessor. But you can feed the world with some ideas. Carr does it. When you read the reviews, you can see that most "information" from him is implemented in these "reviews".
The Kleos for example is from sonic performance far away from a "high performance cartridge" based on its serious reproduction weakness in higher frequencies (they don't exist), but everywhere you can read how "advanced" it is. In a way, that is the main reason, why High End becomes more and more laughable. Listening and understanding is completely replaced by blubbering "reviews". These guys get the samples for free or for reviewers price and to make some profit when they sell it later, they play that game. That's the way it works today.
" to trust is good - not to trust is better! "
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Lyra and coil angles - Tre' 12:16:43 03/28/12 (23)
- Blubber.... - Stitch 02:12:17 04/14/12 (2)
- RE: Blubber.... - email@example.com 04:49:16 04/14/12 (1)
- RE: Blubber.... - Stitch 09:42:55 04/14/12 (0)
- When Jonathan mentioned that bit about coil and cantilever angles to me, I too was surprised... - travisty 23:26:02 04/13/12 (0)
- RE: Lyra and coil angles - Seadog 16:23:02 03/29/12 (1)
- RE: Lyra and coil angles - Tre' 16:20:30 03/30/12 (0)
- RE: Lyra and coil angles - John Elison 14:20:32 03/28/12 (12)
- Met the man - unclestu 17:07:06 03/28/12 (11)
- RE: Met the man - Tre' 21:27:16 03/28/12 (0)
- RE: Met the man - John Elison 18:21:07 03/28/12 (9)
- RE: Met the man - EdAInWestOC 04:23:54 03/29/12 (0)
- Almost a direct paraphrase of my post......... - viridian 20:57:57 03/28/12 (2)
- Well, I agree with you! ;-) /nt\ - John Elison 21:14:32 03/28/12 (1)
- RE: Well, I agree with you! ;-) -- Me 3!/nt\ - goldenthal 14:23:28 03/30/12 (0)
- RE: Met the man - mosin 19:16:02 03/28/12 (4)
- You miss the point............ - viridian 21:21:13 03/28/12 (3)
- RE: You miss the point............ - mosin 17:42:24 03/29/12 (2)
- Thank you for your clarification, and I appologize for my remarks. nt - viridian 10:34:02 04/01/12 (1)
- RE: Thank you for your clarification, and I appologize for my remarks. nt - mosin 13:42:09 04/01/12 (0)
- Already discussed here - link. - viridian 12:57:44 03/28/12 (0)
- I don't think so - unclestu 12:54:40 03/28/12 (2)