Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
Hi All Pro:
I have a Philips CD880 CD player. I think the laser pickup is getting weak in strength after intensively use for years. I heard that since the cdm-1 mk2 is too hard to get there is a solution to change a brand new head. The solution is to purchase a CDM4/19 laser pickup and dis-assemble the pickup and take only the swing head mechanism and to replace the original cdm-1 mk2's swing head mechnism.
I then bough a CDM4/19, it looks almost the same as the cdm-1 mk2's. The only difference is that there is a 100K ohm resister beneath the laser beam in cdm-1 mk2 while the cdm-4 isn't. Can I just do this? Will this replacement kill/burn the servo system or I can replace but need to change/add some passive components on the servo board?
Need your options to go on...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Philips CDM-1 Mk2 replace by CDM-4 ? - Tubeee 06:51:20 06/14/03 (11)
- Re: Philips CDM-1 Mk2 replace by CDM-4 ? - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:06:20 06/15/03 (10)
- Re: Philips CDM-1 Mk2 replace by CDM-4 ? - Tubeee 07:32:57 06/16/03 (9)
- Re: Philips CDM-1 Mk2 replace by CDM-4 ? - shaun 08:18:05 06/19/03 (4)
- Re: Philips CDM-1 Mk2 replace by CDM-4 ? - Tubeee 01:18:02 06/20/03 (3)
- Re: Philips CDM-1 Mk2 replace by CDM-4 ? - email@example.com 14:35:51 06/16/03 (3)
You can not post to an archived thread.