Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
What would happen if I took a rear ported speaker design, and placed the port in the front instead? Total sonic horrors?
Also, I know ports with really thin dimensions are bad, but what about a long, thin port (like 1/2" by 6" per say)? Without being too diabolic, I'd still get a cross sectional area of 3 in squared. Is this much worse than a 1" cylindrical port? I seem to recall a MTM speaker kit that used 2 long, thin ports that were also part of the internal bracing (as the "port was a wooden brace the length of the cabinet). This idea struck me as just grand.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - front/rear port related questions - Racer 20:21:16 02/20/01 (9)
- Re: front/rear port related questions - Graham C 10:53:52 02/21/01 (0)
- Re: front/rear port related questions - RonS 22:06:44 02/20/01 (7)
- port placement does matter and mho is that - snkby 01:56:27 02/21/01 (6)
- the cabinet was originally built for - snkby 18:41:15 02/21/01 (1)
- Your PART of the way there Snkby....... - Sean 02:58:10 02/23/01 (0)
- Re: port placement does matter and mho is that - Racer 13:09:26 02/21/01 (0)
- Re: port placement does matter and mho is that - RonS 07:38:52 02/21/01 (2)
You can not post to an archived thread.