Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
Recently I reevaluated some of the tweaks installed in my system. One being the the Hammond 193L choke tweak attribute to Alan Maher. (http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/search.mpl?searchtext=Hammond+193L+choke&b=AND&topic=&topics_only=N&author=&date1=&date2=&slowmessage=&ip=&sort=score&sortOrder=DESC&sortRank=Forum&forum=tweaks). I have two in my system. I originally plugged them in the two power strips I use without much thought. One is a Emotiva CmX6 and a very modified Belkin pwr bar (mdl. no. F9D601-4) (DIY "Hydra" power conditioner @ www.10audio.com/projects.htm), both are plugged into a TrippLite line conditioner (mdl LC1800). At the time I just plugged them into the power strips, heard an audible improvement and forgot about them. Well last week I moved them around in the system and found that the one connected to the wall AC outlet and the other connected to the external linear ps for the Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB reclocker (using a Liberator AC pigtail adpt.) sounded best to my ears by a huge margin. The sound is now even more dynamic, clear and detailed at less volume. I also replaced the 14awg ac cable with 12 awg and a bit better Hubbell ac plugs. I just ordered another choke for even more joy.
The point of of my post is this.: You're not finished until you have tested and experimented with a tweak until you have gotten all you can out of it.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - pixelphoto 21:34:47 12/30/16 (15)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - Tre' 14:08:03 01/07/17 (2)
- Here's some info, Trè - 1973shovel 14:16:54 01/07/17 (1)
- RE: Here's some info, TrÃ¨ - Tre' 14:47:54 01/07/17 (0)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - GStew 12:14:53 01/04/17 (2)
- Good to see you posting again - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:12:39 01/06/17 (0)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - pixelphoto 18:01:31 01/04/17 (0)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - Awe-d-o-file 08:26:05 01/04/17 (2)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - pixelphoto 11:23:21 01/04/17 (1)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - Awe-d-o-file 19:04:32 01/04/17 (0)
- Glad to see this is still being explored - email@example.com 10:35:49 01/01/17 (0)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - Martythomas 09:45:52 01/01/17 (1)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - pixelphoto 17:53:40 01/02/17 (0)
- RE: Hammond 193L Choke Tweak Revisted - KONA 11:19:10 12/31/16 (2)