Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Damping metal shelves posted by rclanger on July 10, 2012 at 17:55:23:
The best price I've spotted for a 22" wide x 18" deep x 1.5" thick maple board is $39 (see link below). I would recommend placing six Herbie's Audio Lab grungebuster Dots (1" diameter) under each maple board, then position vibration control footers of your choice under each component placed upon the maple boards. Also, it might not be necessary to dampen the bottom of the steel shelves, since a maple board with grungebuster Dots will dampen them quite well.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Damping metal shelves - rclanger 07:58:56 07/10/12 (10)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - email@example.com 21:12:39 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Duster 09:57:13 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Dawnrazor 09:12:54 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Dave Davenport 08:13:23 07/10/12 (1)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Palustris 09:52:47 08/04/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - fmak 08:09:00 07/10/12 (4)