Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Butcher Cart as Amp Stand? posted by wayfarer on July 8, 2012 at 10:13:54:
Looks like it would make a nice small system equipment rack, but it needs a couple modifications. The maple top looks ideal for a source component with a pre-amp below....amp or int. amp on the bottom shelf. I would place maple cutting boards on the two metal shelves with a thin layer of damping material( mouse pads or similar ) between the metal shelf and cutting board. Next....get rid of the casters and replace with spikes or footers of some ilk.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Butcher Cart as Amp Stand? - wayfarer 10:13:54 07/08/12 (6)
- RE: Butcher Cart as Amp Stand? - Mick Wolfe 09:54:13 07/10/12 (2)
- RE: Butcher Cart as Amp Stand? - wayfarer 15:19:09 07/11/12 (1)
- RE: Butcher Cart as Amp Stand? - Mick Wolfe 10:01:47 07/12/12 (0)
- I'd buy it but would doubt it would be any good. You could always use it for what it is intended. nt - Norm 08:46:44 07/09/12 (0)
- I use something very similar.... - Uncle Mike 16:42:25 07/08/12 (1)
- RE: I use something very similar.... - wayfarer 15:02:34 07/11/12 (0)