Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
I posted a similar message over in General last week......
Has anyone had luck damping metal shelves used in an audio rack?
I have a Boltz steel AV rack, and while providing good mass and rigidity, the shelves tend to ring when tapped. I'm thinking of trying to apply cork, dynamat, or some other type of damping material to the under side of the shelves. I can also apply some other type of damping or isolation to the top side of the shelves.
Waste of time or a useful project?
Thanks in advance for the tips :)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Damping metal shelves - rclanger 07:58:56 07/10/12 (10)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - email@example.com 21:12:39 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Duster 09:57:13 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Dawnrazor 09:12:54 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Dave Davenport 08:13:23 07/10/12 (1)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - Palustris 09:52:47 08/04/12 (0)
- RE: Damping metal shelves - fmak 08:09:00 07/10/12 (4)