Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Mountain Climbing? posted by nairb on May 25, 2012 at 03:02:22:
There are lots of "free climbers" like me. "Aid climbers" pull on devices they install during the course of the climb. Free climbers rely on equipment to protect their lives but do not pull on it to climb up. "Solo climbers" use either of the above styles but climb without a partner.
Alex's fame comes from being a "free solo climber" on extremely hard, long routes. I understand the freedom, exhilaration and sense of power that come from free soloing based upon first hand experience. Unfortunately, even rock can break on occasion, all humans are susceptible to occasional mental and physical "bobbles", and weather can change. All it takes is one unexpected event at a critical time and a free soloist's life is ended. I hope that Alex gets it out of his system without any terrible surprises.
I DIY tube electronics so I am very thoughtful and mentally present when I approach an exposed amplifier. I don't even want to experience that first surprise!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - DIY Power Cord for SACD Player Questions - Dominguez 13:54:01 05/23/12 (8)
- RE: DIY Power Cord for SACD Player Questions - Duster 16:04:19 05/23/12 (7)
- RE: DIY Power Cord for SACD Player Questions - Dominguez 16:32:49 05/23/12 (6)
- Warning. - Duster 17:45:53 05/23/12 (5)
- Make a lable with the caution," ground lifted" or some such. and stick it on item - Elizabeth 05:56:26 05/29/12 (0)
- RE: Warning. - nairb 11:38:56 05/24/12 (3)Follow Ups
- Free soloing - MikeWI 13:07:10 05/25/12 (0)