Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: For a 40 Watt iron? posted by Duster on May 18, 2012 at 23:26:52:
I am not arguing, just sharing my knowledge and experience.
"Mysticism" isn't an insult, rather it's an apt description of the current state of the affairs in some areas for many of the posters here including me.
It can be a stopover on the road to understanding and it can even be rather fun. If understanding isn't important it can be an endpoint for a particular instance. But it can also be a starting point if general knowledge is desired. However in the case of soldering irons, which are far cruder animals than stereos, I can tell you from much experience with them in every imaginable condition that any functioning extension cord is adequate for achieving good solder joints.
As you well know home audio system are, sadly, crankier and indeed I appreciate your diligent efforts and the observations that you post. They are good data points towards understanding and hopefully improving our systems.
But not all systems have such a gap between control and effective operation.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - How to Learn to Solder & What to Buy? - Uncle Hippie 12:27:52 05/16/12 (21)
- Get the best, Metcal. - jihad 10:54:56 05/29/12 (0)
- RE: Do yourself a favor - Cpk 07:33:19 05/21/12 (0)
- RE: How to Learn to Solder & What to Buy? - Coffeecupman 12:55:27 05/19/12 (1)
- RE: How to Learn to Solder & What to Buy? - bassbinotoko 13:15:47 05/23/12 (0)
- To the Red Green fan - Awe-d-o-file 15:09:35 05/17/12 (0)
- RE: How to Learn to Solder & What to Buy? - pictureguy 14:56:05 05/17/12 (0)
- RE: How to Learn to Solder & What to Buy? - Duster 13:25:52 05/17/12 (10)
- Also... - Duster 15:34:53 05/17/12 (9)
- Don't Forget - Dynobot 15:42:10 05/17/12 (8)
- And... - Duster 16:18:32 05/17/12 (7)
- For a 40 Watt iron? - Tweekeng 18:16:09 05/17/12 (6)
- RE: For a 40 Watt iron? - rick_m 20:04:03 05/17/12 (5)
- I was taught and laughed at how easy it is - bartc 06:01:20 05/17/12 (0)
- Check this out ... - Sondek 13:44:41 05/16/12 (2)Follow Ups
- RE: For a 40 Watt iron? - rick_m 09:59:00 05/19/12 (0)