Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Audio Rack with isolation? posted by email@example.com on February 21, 2007 at 23:28:42:
An inexpensive and oft-recommended DIY design is Ken Lyons' DIY Ikea Lyte rack. Do a search here for comments & details. It doesn't offer "cable management," if by that you mean hiding the cables from view, though you could rig something up.
VTI has a rack that's inexpensive and seems to be designed with th same principles in mind as the Ikea Lyte.
Another DIY design is the Flexy rack. There's a recipe at TNT-Audio. Google this to find it.
Target and Apollo racks are ubiquitous, inexpensive, and easy to mod with different shelves, filling with sand, etc.
SolidSteel is another up-and-comer. Their lower-line models look to be a good value. Their higher-line models have been very favourably reviewed.
In any event, used is a good way to go - good values - so check out the Accessories/Stands category over at Audiogon.
These are some good places to start. Hope they help & good luck!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Audio Rack with isolation? - firstname.lastname@example.org 23:28:42 02/21/07 (13)
- Re: Audio Rack with isolation? - michaelv20850 07:27:22 02/22/07 (6)
- Re: Audio Rack with isolation? - FrankC 10:18:56 02/22/07 (5)
- It might be overkill but - jnorv 19:08:54 02/23/07 (0)
- Re: Audio Rack with isolation? - michaelv20850 15:13:18 02/22/07 (0)
- Re: Audio Rack with isolation? - email@example.com 14:48:13 02/22/07 (2)
- Lots of options - what's your budget? - grailer 05:02:12 02/22/07 (5)Follow Ups
- Lots of options - what's your budget? - grailer 05:02:12 02/22/07 (5)
You can not post to an archived thread.