Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? posted by Rob Thomas on July 12, 2004 at 23:12:02:
Hi, Rob. Thought I should comment on the V-cap pricing, since it has become an issue in this thread. Yes, they are expensive. I make no apologies for that. It is likely that it will take me at least 2 years of sales to recoup the R&D and other up-front costs I invested into this project. These were hard costs were paid, not my own or beta-testers' time.
That said, there is a reason why there aren't alot of Teflon film caps on the market. They are extremely hard to do right. This cap was designed without a specific price point in mind. The price fell where it fell.
I would also like to note that although the regular pricing is more than the Rel TFT's, my intro pricing is about the same as Rel "street prices", and less when ordered in moderate quantities. Rel is a fine company, and I look forward to user comparisons between the V-Cap's and the RelCaps.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - Fatcobra 05:07:41 07/12/04 (17)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - StevenACNJ 11:28:07 07/14/04 (0)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - RD 10:50:59 07/13/04 (0)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - Rob Thomas 23:12:02 07/12/04 (14)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - ChrisVH 13:56:16 07/13/04 (3)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - fred76 02:46:08 07/16/04 (0)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - Rob Thomas 14:23:25 07/13/04 (1)
- Re: anybody try the (VH) V Caps? - ChrisVH 15:19:49 07/13/04 (0)
- "I suspect audiophile markup at work..." - Keith Lockwood 07:20:41 07/13/04 (9)
- Re: "I suspect audiophile markup at work..." - pkell44 15:19:35 07/13/04 (0)
- Re: "I suspect audiophile markup at work..." - Rob Thomas 08:46:45 07/13/04 (7)
- "you are rude" - Keith Lockwood 13:36:37 07/13/04 (6)
- Re: "you are rude" - Eric Weitzman 15:11:17 07/13/04 (4)
- Re.to Miss Manners - Keith Lockwood 16:14:27 07/13/04 (2)
- What, me spoiled? - Rob Thomas 15:02:29 07/14/04 (1)
- Re: What, me spoiled? - Keith Lockwood 06:58:38 07/15/04 (0)
- I may be rude looking... - Rob Thomas 15:33:21 07/13/04 (0)
- It's clear why they're special... - Rob Thomas 14:00:45 07/13/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.