Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Teflon is a great idea! posted by Al Sekela on July 3, 2004 at 15:48:10:
I've used it to elevate cables + twisting it into string works just fine. no need to braid.
resonance is another issue of concern with strings + the tention of the string can be a factor there.
cotton and nylon also work very well. dielectric is a small concern, since point of contact is minimal. if you're using cat five, or similar speaker cables, try tying the string to just one or two of the conductors in the braid, then hanging them...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - DIY Cable Lifter: A Few Questions - Xenithon 23:38:59 07/02/04 (17)
- Re: DIY Cable Lifter: A Few Questions - oddmanout 15:03:41 07/07/04 (0)
- Re: DIY Cable Lifter: A Few Questions - Dawnrazor 14:30:41 07/03/04 (13)
- Teflon is a great idea! - Al Sekela 15:48:10 07/03/04 (12)
- Kevlar string might be of some use here... - Paul in Sterling 02:47:09 07/06/04 (1)
- Re: Kevlar string might be of some use here... - Dawnrazor 06:51:09 07/06/04 (0)
- Re: Teflon is a great idea! - Dawnrazor 20:00:14 07/04/04 (0)
- Re: Teflon is a great idea! - Steve Eddy 17:41:49 07/03/04 (0)
- Re: Teflon is a great idea! - Fatcobra 16:55:39 07/03/04 (2)
- Re: Teflon is a great idea! - pkell44 17:32:36 07/03/04 (1)
- Re: cat 5 - Fatcobra 06:12:15 07/05/04 (0)
- Re: Teflon is a great idea! NOT! - wunhuanglo 16:02:47 07/03/04 (4)
- Re: Teflon is a great idea! NOT! - Fatcobra 17:05:45 07/03/04 (3)
- Hey, FC ... whay not use "used" dental string and save a bit of money :-) ? nt - andyr 00:04:32 07/05/04 (1)
- Re: Now we're thinkin !... - Fatcobra 06:17:54 07/05/04 (0)
- Oh... - wunhuanglo 07:36:17 07/04/04 (0)
- What is a 'non-dialectric string'? - wunhuanglo 09:48:18 07/03/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.