In Reply to: Thanks!! posted by why1504 on May 26, 2002 at 17:39:24:
Since you all feel the maggies are a bad choice, what would you suggest?
What do think? That's the most important aspect and one that many blowhards tend to forget. I'm getting real sick of the kneejerk "maggies need gigawatts of power" MYTH. It really depends on the application. There's more than just a few exceptional cases where ~20 watt tube amps can sound really sweet on magneplanars. If *YOU* think they need more power (based on your own first-hand listening) then do more research and inquiries.
I owned a 302B and MMG's w/sub for quite awhile and I felt the sound, when in the sweet spot, was truly satisfying. The reason why I went to a different brand of speaker had more to do with placement issues than it did with overall sound quality and the non-existent "watt-sucking sensitivity."
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Just got a Jolida 202 - why1504 07:02:40 05/26/02 (14)
- Re: Just got a Jolida 202 - OceanRoar 09:41:00 05/29/02 (0)
- Something else to consider... - DevoX 19:08:17 05/27/02 (0)
- Re: Just got a Jolida 202 - tvl59 20:32:17 05/26/02 (0)
- Thanks!! - why1504 17:39:24 05/26/02 (5)
- BAH! Slow down! - Tom §. 18:32:53 05/26/02 (3)
- Re: BAH! Slow down! - why1504 19:16:38 05/26/02 (2)
- Re: Thanks!! - DevoX 18:26:33 05/26/02 (0)
- Re: Just got a Jolida 202 - Mr.Meeks 17:35:17 05/26/02 (1)
- Which Horns? - why1504 19:08:41 05/26/02 (0)
- Re: Just got a Jolida 202 - Response34 10:25:26 05/26/02 (0)
- for the money... - jm3rd 10:11:46 05/26/02 (0)
- Re: Just got a Jolida 202 - seanmcd 07:52:52 05/26/02 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.