In Reply to: Re: 6922 variants posted by Kevin Deal on July 7, 1999 at 21:53:32:
***I recently got in some late 1970's early 1980's 6N23n-EB. I think that most of these have been sold by New sensor over the years. I have seen a few different types. Some with upside down dish getter, some with a circular getter, some with grey plates, some with silver. Plates themselves, pins, bottle, etc always look like they came fom the same place.
Also, tubes produced at the same factory would undergo many changes over the years. The Soviet factories used to be swarming with pests called "rationalisators". Those usually were production workers who believed they could design things far better than engineers. So as soon as designers would leave the production floor, the pests would crawl in and start making "improvements" to the product. This practice was highly supported by management and the Party apparatchics, for it meant showing the decadent "specialists" what a dumb "proletarian" could do if equipped with nothing more than just a revolutionary zeal.
Many fine products were ruined by those pesky rationalisators. All good engineers hated them. My former boss used to say that all of them should be taken outside and summarily executed on a sunny day.
So, if you can, get the tubes designed by engineers, not the ones that have been "improved" by the rationalisators. How do you tell them apart? Damn if I know.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6N1=6N1P ---> 6DJ8/6922 Can you use 6922 for a 12AX7 ??? - Eric U. 19:01:54 07/06/99 (13)
- Re: 6N1=6N1P ---> 6DJ8/6922 Can you use 6922 for a 12AX7 ??? - Ralf Suertenich 03:20:40 07/08/99 (2)
- Re: 6N1=6N1P ---> 6DJ8/6922 Can you use 6922 for a 12AX7 ??? - Victor Khomenko 08:01:19 07/08/99 (1)
- Re: 6N1=6N1P ---> 6DJ8/6922 Can you use 6922 for a 12AX7 ??? - Ralf Suertenich 09:58:17 07/08/99 (0)
- Re: 6N1=6N1P ---> 6DJ8/6922 Can you use 6922 for a 12AX7 ??? - ChristopherC 17:14:58 07/07/99 (0)
- Re: 6N1=6N1P --- Not a 6DJ8/6922 Substitute - Victor Khomenko 07:00:44 07/07/99 (7)
- Re: 6922 variants - Steph_n 13:05:13 07/07/99 (6)
- Re: 6922 variants - Victor Khomenko 15:00:42 07/07/99 (5)
- Re: 6922 variants - Joe S 20:00:34 07/07/99 (4)
- Re: 6N1=6N1P ---> 6DJ8/6922 Can you use 6922 for a 12AX7 ??? - Dave B 20:05:19 07/06/99 (0)
- Re: 6922 variants - Victor Khomenko 06:20:35 07/08/99 (1)
- Nurse, would you mind removing my spleen? LOL - Chris Garrett 20:58:27 07/16/99 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.