Hello All, I lurk in a lot of these forums (mainly Computer Audio) but rarely post. I recently got an Anthem PRE 2L. It sounded fine except the left channel was lower in volume. Had to deploy balance control to almost 9 o'clock. I got some new EH 6922's & balance is normal. These tubes are a tad more upfront & less dimensional than the Tesla E88CC's that were in it. But I've got no complaints, they sound fine. I can see rolling in some alternatives down the road after I learn more about various NOS options. But I will use this unit in bypass mode any time I turn the TV on. So, maybe I'll end up sticking with the EH's.
My question is: what is the break/burn-in situation with these tubes ? Will they change much ? Any other recommendations ?
Thanks, & enjoy the Holiday weekend !
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Electro Harmonix 6922's in Anthem PRE 2L - GCrouser 17:42:58 05/26/12 (7)
- I was happy with cryo'ed gold pin EH for a while - jedrider 08:34:21 06/03/12 (0)
- RE: Electro Harmonix 6922's in Anthem PRE 2L - GCrouser 07:32:00 05/28/12 (0)
- RE: Electro Harmonix 6922's in Anthem PRE 2L - Caucasian Blackplate 19:32:36 05/26/12 (4)
- RE: Electro Harmonix 6922's in Anthem PRE 2L - Eli Duttman 17:39:05 05/31/12 (0)
- RE: Electro Harmonix 6922's in Anthem PRE 2L - Jim McShane 21:07:52 05/26/12 (2)