On the hunt for a tube amplifier and would like to elicit some opinions from the asylum....
I found a CJ MV55 for $1100...I've heard this amp before, and I liked it a lot. Before I go ahead and make the purchase, can anyone tell me their opinions of this amp, or make suggestions for others to audition in the 1-1.3K price range? I'd really like to try out some SETs, but they seem a bit out of my $ range, and I'm not sure they'd be able to drive my speakers. The amp will drive a pair of Mordaunt-Short MS30i classics(~90db). The source will be a VPI 19jr., OC9 cartridge, and from time to time a Rotel CDP. Pre is a CJ PV10A. Additionally, if I do decide to go with the MV55, should I get it wired in triode mode? This will essentially cut the wattage in half...will my speakers be able to perform as well? Thanks very much!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Amp Hunt is on.... - PaulK(#2) 10:20:09 06/15/00 (11)
- IMO - Possum 18:58:49 06/16/00 (0)
- Re: Amp Hunt is on.... - Michael 14:46:05 06/15/00 (0)
- cj amps - vacuous 12:28:19 06/15/00 (0)
- Re: Amp Hunt is on.... - EdT 12:23:26 06/15/00 (0)
- Re: Amp Hunt is on.... - Mike 12:04:12 06/15/00 (0)
- Golden Tube - Hunt 10:54:52 06/15/00 (3)
- Funny you should mention it... - Chris Garrett 12:01:04 06/15/00 (2)
- Re: Funny you should mention it... - Johann E 14:14:56 06/17/00 (1)
- If I could have afforded to keep it, I would have........ - Chris Garrett 21:45:24 06/17/00 (0)
- Re: Amp Hunt is on.... - Thorsten 10:44:12 06/15/00 (1)
- Is small beautiful? - andy evans 15:21:30 06/15/00 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.