In Reply to: Re: ss vs tube ccs posted by Lew on June 7, 2000 at 12:06:27:
To me that is still pretty low, but every amp is an optimization exercise. I would try to boost that current - that shoud give you extra load drive from the output tubes.
That 60k number is pretty high. I would not replace it with a current source - it will not be easy to match that 60k resistance with a tube source.
No further discussions till the 19th - going on a trip.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Fewest tubes in all-tube system MC phono system? - Kurt Strain 17:53:29 06/05/00 (13)
- Re: Fewest tubes in all-tube system MC phono system? - Adrian 18:56:25 06/05/00 (12)
- Allen Wright Phono Section Designs - Willie the Squid 21:55:34 06/05/00 (11)
- current source questions - funkwrench 05:14:24 06/06/00 (10)
- Thanks - funkwrench 09:39:13 06/07/00 (0)
- Re: current source questions - Thorsten 09:18:50 06/06/00 (2)
- Re: current source questions - Adrian 21:25:50 06/06/00 (1)
- Re: current source questions - Thorsten 02:46:05 06/08/00 (0)
- Re: current source questions - Victor Khomenko 06:50:05 06/06/00 (5)Follow Ups
- Re: ss vs tube ccs - Victor Khomenko 16:28:32 06/07/00 (1)
- Re: ss vs tube ccs - Lew 14:14:07 06/08/00 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.