In Reply to: Re: crackle!! posted by Tarbaby on February 13, 2007 at 08:43:59:
Tarbaby, hi. Don't get too bummed out about it. Your amp looks like it uses 1 12AX7 ( one section for each channel) and two 12AU7 as phase splitters. Yeah, if you haven't done try changing out the input tube. Have you tried OS or NOS tubes in these positions? Your amp uses some kind of auto biasing scheme. If this is an active bias set circuit (adjust negative voltage on output tube grids for a pre set amount of cathode current automatically) I could see this as a source of problems. Have you talked with anyone at the factory? A tech who knows your amp backwards and forwards may offer big help.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Please Help!!! tube amp experts.......crackle!! - Tarbaby 08:37:59 02/12/07 (14)
- Re: Please Help!!! tube amp experts.......crackle!! - krisjan 15:29:50 02/12/07 (3)
- Re: Please Help!!! tube amp experts.......crackle!! - Tarbaby 11:26:38 02/13/07 (2)
- Re: crackle!! - elektron 10:25:34 02/12/07 (9)
- Re: crackle!! - Tarbaby 12:48:20 02/12/07 (8)
- Re: crackle!! - elektron 14:33:32 02/12/07 (7)
- Re: crackle!! - Tarbaby 08:43:59 02/13/07 (6)
You can not post to an archived thread.