Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
I have a pair of Audio Valve Challenger 140 monoblocks (similar to current model 150), these amps are a little over 10 yrs old. They started to make crackle/statics noises at the beginning of each track, especially more on recordings that are harsh.
I took the amps to the repair shop 2 weeks ago, they cleaned up the inside and some of the crackle is gone. Some crackle still remains, I would love to get rid of all these unwelcomed noises. Please let me know what I can do? I have retubed both amps. I will be taking it back to the repair shop in a couple of days, what should they check?
Anyone have this problem before?
Thanks in advanced.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Please Help!!! tube amp experts.......crackle!! - Tarbaby 08:37:59 02/12/07 (14)
- Re: Please Help!!! tube amp experts.......crackle!! - krisjan 15:29:50 02/12/07 (3)
- Re: Please Help!!! tube amp experts.......crackle!! - Tarbaby 11:26:38 02/13/07 (2)
- Re: crackle!! - elektron 10:25:34 02/12/07 (9)
- Re: crackle!! - Tarbaby 12:48:20 02/12/07 (8)
- Re: crackle!! - elektron 14:33:32 02/12/07 (7)
- Re: crackle!! - Tarbaby 08:43:59 02/13/07 (6)
You can not post to an archived thread.