Yes, this is a very odd comparison. If you have any interest or connection to both of these speakers, please let me know your opinions.
I'm a long-time Maggie fan. I currently own 1.4s, an ancient set of partially working I's, and a magnificent pair (6-panels worth) of I-Ds.
I'm about to move, though, sell pretty much everything and downsize a bit. I've been thinking about either the .7s or--more probably--the 1.7is.
However, I've got a lot of Meridian gear (electronics, that is) and I've got the opportunity to buy a couple of sets of DSP5000s at an extremely attractive price, so attractive that even if I get them and don't like them, I can almost certainly resell them and take a tiny $ hit (or maybe none at all). Honestly, I don't know if they have the 24-bit upgrade, but I've heard mixed things about that so the 18-bit version would be fine for me.
But I've never heard the Meridians.
Any Maggie fans out there know both speakers? I'm a musician who plays and listens to acoustic instruments and unamplified voices mostly, btw. I guess what that really means is I don't care a lot about how either speaker handles pure synth, or the kind of hyper-processed stuff that has filled the airways for the last 3 decades or so. I do like a guitar to sound like a guitar, a piano a piano, and a soprano a soprano.
Thoughts? Caveats? Advice? Jokes?
Thank ee much in advance: fbonzo
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - fbonzo 14:24:40 01/11/17 (7)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - RGA 01:52:58 01/14/17 (2)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - A.Wayne 09:47:27 01/14/17 (1)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - RGA 18:22:43 01/14/17 (0)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - BigguyinATL 10:50:49 01/12/17 (0)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - Mike K 18:42:18 01/11/17 (0)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - DrChaos 18:10:46 01/11/17 (0)
- RE: Magnepan vs Meridian (haha) - Des 15:04:12 01/11/17 (0)