Home Speaker Asylum

General speaker questions for audio and home theater.

RE: REVIEW: Reference 3A Dulcet Speakers

I enjoyed your review. I recently got a pair of early model Grand Veenas which had been brought up to date. At the same time I got a pair of Quicksilver 88 mono amps (80 watts/channel) which displaced (not "replaced")my Marsh Sound Design A400 amp(200/channel). Since the speakers were already broken in I had only to get them placed correctly which reviewers had said was difficult. I must have been lucky, but I also have a great room. At first I missed the lowest bass that I was used to hearing with the Dunlavy SC IVs and Marsh, however I think it's the tube amps that are softening the very bottom a bit. The Marsh is a hard act to follow for snap, tonality and control. Otherwise, the Grand Veenas are a joy to listen to. The micro dynamics that determine spatiality, ambiance and sheer "aliveness" are so prevalent that I often get chillbumps and that after 40+ years of this hobby and some good equipment. I'd hate to think of what I'd have to spend to get a better speaker.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  LessLoss Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.