The particular (peculiar?) synergy of my system is based upon the cobbling together of seemingly disparate bits and pieces, with my current lone subwoofer being a "Frankensub" story unto itself:
M&K V-2B cabinet, with M&K MX-200 12" woofer, and Klipsch plate amp.
Today, I found a M&K 12" sub on my local Craigslist. The exact model name/number wasn't mentioned in the ad, so I've written to the seller requesting additional information.
In any event, since my current sub cannot exactly claim thoroughbred status, I'm just wondering if adding this second sub, regardless of exact model, should present any particular issues/problems in blending with both my mains and the other sub? (see my profile for more information on current system)
Currently, all the speakers in this system are sealed boxes (acoustic suspension), so at the very least, I intend to only get another sealed box sub (again, I'm still waiting to hear from the seller with regards to the exact model of sub that's being offered).
Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Edits: 05/18/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Stereo subs - same manufacturer, same size woofers, different models - is this okay? - willkayakforfood 11:48:59 05/18/12 (8)
- RE: Stereo subs - same manufacturer, same size woofers, different models - is this okay? - Ozzie 21:46:27 05/19/12 (0)
- RE: Stereo subs - same manufacturer, same size woofers, different models - is this okay? - roscoeiii 20:43:17 05/19/12 (0)
- RE: Stereo subs - same manufacturer, same size woofers, different models - is this okay? - Jim Smith 13:36:25 05/19/12 (1)
- Thanks Jim - that makes some sense to me. - willkayakforfood 14:40:41 05/19/12 (0)
- A Suggestion... - Douglas Schroeder 05:40:31 05/19/12 (1)
- RE: A Suggestion... - willkayakforfood 14:45:12 05/19/12 (0)
- Not a problem - badman 12:49:26 05/18/12 (1)
- Thanks! (nt) - willkayakforfood 16:06:33 05/18/12 (0)