In Reply to: You sound like one of the latter ... posted by Dave Pogue on March 25, 2007 at 04:13:35:
I try not to veer too far off course when I try something new. I also try to keep my mind open to all of the possibilities. That's why I keep hanging out here. I'm willing to take a chance every now and then on a wild tweak, but taking the screws out of something and putting them back in every six months sounds more destructive than constructive to me. I think I'll pass on that one. I'll be the first guy to strip the threads out of anything, wood or metal!
I've also learned the hard way that sometimes when you tweak something, it's hard to get it back to where you started. Sometimes all you're really doing is hearing change, but not making any real improvements. It's taken me a while to realize that some of the suggestions that we read on the Asylum come from people who have no desire other than to keep changing the sound of their system.
There's nothing wrong with that either, as long as you know it up front.
Btw, I checked your system too. Love those reel to reel machines. Nice set up. I would like to make or buy a bigger rack like that some day. Very cool.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - how often do you folks tighten driver mounting screws ? nt - snkby 21:54:12 03/22/07 (42)
- How often do you take something apart, put it back together? - Quiet Earth 09:19:19 03/24/07 (4)
- You sound like one of the latter ... - Dave Pogue 04:13:35 03/25/07 (3)
- My ProAcs were notorious for this. - Dave Pogue 17:05:03 03/23/07 (5)
- Re: My ProAcs were notorious for this. - Kloss 08:07:07 03/24/07 (4)
- I Do More Than That .... - ka7niq 12:38:21 03/23/07 (4)
- Re: I Do More Than That .... - middleground 04:18:58 03/26/07 (0)
- Do you rotate the screws/bolts as well? ~t - three_sox 23:29:31 03/24/07 (0)
- Re: I Do More Than That .... - JimL 16:01:54 03/23/07 (1)
- Re: I Do More Than That .... - ka7niq 00:45:30 03/24/07 (0)
- Rotating your drivers once a year or so... - Abel McCain 09:42:48 03/23/07 (9)
- Everything is possible, but - Stale 10:43:12 03/26/07 (0)
- Yes very important! - nightdoggy 03:58:18 03/24/07 (1)
- important? - Kloss 08:01:05 03/24/07 (0)
- Gee, maybe my wife... - The Real Dick Hertz 11:59:31 03/23/07 (1)
- Re: Gee, maybe my wife... - Dan Banquer 17:43:12 03/23/07 (0)
- Re: Rotating your drivers once a year or so... - Tom Brennan 10:05:22 03/23/07 (3)
- Re: Rotating your drivers once a year or so... - Abel McCain 10:12:17 03/23/07 (2)
- Seems to me this could cause one to damage driver - Kloss 10:28:02 03/23/07 (1)
- Re: Seems to me this could cause one to damage driver - middleground 04:21:19 03/26/07 (0)
- my 1974 Cornies needed it a couple of years back - mhardy6647 09:18:53 03/23/07 (0)
- They've never needed it. - The Real Dick Hertz 07:47:20 03/23/07 (0)
- You mean the screws in the tin plate on my head? - Richard BassNut Greene 07:37:23 03/23/07 (2)
- I *knew* you had a screw loose. - markrohr 09:32:24 03/23/07 (1)
- It's not loose any more cause I tightened it so the joke is on you - Richard BassNut Greene 13:55:11 03/23/07 (0)
- Re: how often do you folks tighten driver mounting screws ? nt - STUART 07:34:20 03/23/07 (0)
- Every time I change the oil - Tom Brennan 07:05:18 03/23/07 (0)
- i would check with the speaker's... - Bobby Palkovic 05:43:23 03/23/07 (4)
- torque tool - Flatmap 09:31:52 03/24/07 (3)
- About every 4 months or so. nt - kenster 23:37:42 03/22/07 (0)
- Whenever I remember to! - Timbo in Oz 21:59:53 03/22/07 (2)
You can not post to an archived thread.