In Reply to: Clapton's Crossroads Guitar? posted by ph5y on March 18, 2012 at 19:25:22:
PAF humbuckers. Prolly through hot-rodded Marshall Bluesbreaker or JTM-45 (1959) 100 watt Lead (Plexi). Or combo or the two (or three amps). 8^)
Sure sounds like GEC/MOV KT-66 loaded amps. Powerful, with a TON of sustain. Quite different than Mullard EL34 loaded Marshalls. My guess would be Fane alnico 12-inchers in the cab.
Cool stuff, for sure....
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Clapton's Crossroads Guitar? - ph5y 19:25:22 03/18/12 (6)
- RE: Clapton's Crossroads Guitar? - jimmycj 11:24:17 03/26/12 (0)
- RE: Clapton's Crossroads Guitar? - dirtyvinyl 19:16:53 03/22/12 (0)
- Gibson SG "The Fool" - FenderLover 00:03:03 03/20/12 (2)
- Excellent. Thanks (nt) - TWR 04:32:39 03/21/12 (0)
- Great article. Thanks for posting it. nt - dancingseamonkey 13:38:15 03/20/12 (0)
- Only FenderLover knows for sure (nt) - hitsware 19:48:57 03/19/12 (0)