In Reply to: Thought on Springsteen's latest? posted by jfz on March 19, 2012 at 09:42:04:
First, I'm from the Jersey Shore, so I've always had a tender spot for anything he's done.
That said, I think Wrecking Ball is pretty good - among his better efforts, but, IMHO, behind Darkness, Greetings, Nebraska and Born to Run.
I like the production on the new one and the Celtic-influenced tinge on several tracks seems to work.
Is it audiophile sound? Nope. I don't think I'd ever use a Springsteen recording to demo a system, but give me Bruce any day in the car with the windows open and an open highway. The sound on Tom Joad is pretty outstanding, now that I think about it.
For insight, check out the link at NPR for Springsteen's SXSW keynote address. It was remarkable and explains where's coming from. The tidbit about Eric Burdon/Animals hit home.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Thought on Springsteen's latest? - jfz 09:42:04 03/19/12 (12)
- Seeger Sessions - mcondo 05:20:55 03/27/12 (2)
- I sold my collection of sealed Springsteen LP's after Working On A Dream.... - StephenJK 19:25:00 03/23/12 (1)
- RE: I sold my collection of sealed Springsteen LP's after Working On A Dream.... - jfz 08:56:19 03/26/12 (0)
- RE: Thought on Springsteen's latest? - dirtyvinyl 19:33:41 03/22/12 (0)
- RE: Thought on Springsteen's latest? - Dave Garretson 09:51:46 03/22/12 (1)
- The Sound of Magic and Beyond - jfz 05:16:18 03/23/12 (0)
- RE: Thought on Springsteen's latest? - geezerrocket 14:51:59 03/19/12 (0)
- I'm enjoying it - SamA 13:02:50 03/19/12 (2)