In Reply to: Re: What snob?. Do you enjoy Britney Spears? posted by jazz1 on November 12, 2002 at 05:10:54:
0appeal to different people when morgana king SINGS, i find her interesting. when she starts to MOAN, turn it off. and she always starts to moan so i just dont start. her style and delivery and even the moaning TALKS to some people but not others.
i like karrin and notice that she has different delivery styles, shes adaptable. i cant get past jimmy scott and his female voice. some love it, i cant stand it. shirley horn is a pinnacle. she CAN stretch a tune because she has the skill to make it work. i cant speak for jimmy, i just wont listen to his work. thats a strong personal preference.
we should be able to agree to disagree.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - What makes a good jazz singer? - jazz1 23:24:15 11/09/02 (21)
- Re: What makes a good jazz singer? - suretyguy 13:58:20 11/11/02 (0)
- Re: What makes a good jazz singer? - middleground 13:20:51 11/11/02 (0)
- Re: What makes a good jazz singer? - Mike M. 07:44:40 11/11/02 (1)
- Re: What makes a good jazz singer? - jazz1 08:15:32 11/11/02 (0)
- The should sound good nt - Matthew G. 20:59:36 11/10/02 (0)
- a lot of things - hifitommy 09:50:52 11/10/02 (1)
- Re: a lot of things - jazz1 01:26:14 11/11/02 (0)
- Karrin Allyson... - Sound 07:50:22 11/10/02 (10)
- Re: Karrin Allyson... - jazz1 08:18:03 11/10/02 (9)
- Re: Karrin Allyson... - Sound 09:11:59 11/10/02 (8)
- Re: Karrin Allyson... - jazz1 09:34:49 11/10/02 (7)
- Re: Karrin Allyson... WARNING! Snob alert. nt - frank 01:58:12 11/11/02 (6)
- What snob? - dvb 09:14:33 11/11/02 (5)
- Re: What snob? - frank 14:16:44 11/11/02 (4)
- I think that there would be more of them... - SE 05:50:56 11/10/02 (2)Follow Ups
- different singers - hifitommy 13:56:40 11/16/02 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.