In Reply to: Re: A Follow-Up Answer To Your Critisisms & Concerns posted by Gate on November 13, 2002 at 21:01:07:
It's really awful when everything one posts is received with suspision and hostility. Others, posting much the same content, are not subject to the same treatment.
Anyway, nearly everyone misunderstood my ballads post.
I did NOT say ballads are hateful, bad, unworthy, or any of the things that people THINK I said about them.
What I DID say is I - and only I - hate ballads. See the difference?
Not "ballads are bad'. NOT that.
But, I, personally; me, myself, I, only me, I don't like ballads.
Since nearly everyone here thinks that it's ok to like or dislike any music one wishes to like or dislike without being subject to disapproval, I don't see why the same courtesy isn't extended to me.
A few months ago, a bunch of guys posted that they hate Mahler and Bruckner. Many went on to ridicule both composers. I don't recall anyone taking them to task for their opinions.
Is it OK to hate Mahler and Bruckner, but forbidden to hate ballads?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Penetrating Analysis of the Rudy Van Gelder Sound - Severius! 22:26:23 11/12/02 (41)
- How do you feel about a ballad recorded by Rudy Van Gelder? NT - frank 21:13:33 11/15/02 (1)
- Anarchists - Severius! 22:25:33 11/15/02 (0)
- You're not the first person having ever stated this. - asdf 02:48:30 11/15/02 (0)
- A Follow-Up Answer To Your Critisisms & Concerns - Severius! 19:43:01 11/13/02 (10)
- You asked for it... - Darryl 05:13:19 11/14/02 (3)
- That Penetration - Severius! 05:27:05 11/14/02 (2)
- Re: A Follow-Up Answer To Your Critisisms & Concerns - Gate 21:01:07 11/13/02 (5)
- Re: Penetrating Analysis of the Rudy Van Gelder Sound - middlegroud 17:43:29 11/13/02 (0)
- Don't listen so hard - Matthew G. 14:56:11 11/13/02 (0)
- Re: Penetrating Analysis of the Rudy Van Gelder Sound - Frank Maiello 13:23:08 11/13/02 (1)
- Re: one more thing - Frank M 13:49:33 11/13/02 (0)
- I Agree To a Point... - Ken S. 13:16:01 11/13/02 (2)
- You don't think Horace Silver became a "superstar" by the mid-1960's? - Allan Songer 13:20:39 11/13/02 (1)
- Re: You don't think Horace Silver became a "superstar" by the mid-1960's? - Ken S. 14:28:21 11/13/02 (0)
- Re: Off Topic: another ballads recomendation - Mike M. 08:26:01 11/13/02 (0)
- Re: Off Topic: another ballads recomendation - Mike M. 08:23:16 11/13/02 (0)
- You're right, Blue Note is a disappointment - Darryl 08:12:06 11/13/02 (0)
- Come on man, just listen to the music! - Allan Songer 07:22:51 11/13/02 (8)
- DO you like music? - Severius! 19:45:20 11/13/02 (0)
- Re: Come on man, just listen to the music! - suretyguy 09:56:06 11/13/02 (6)
- But what's the point? - Allan Songer 11:44:32 11/13/02 (0)
- That would be an acceptable argument if... - Steve Culton 10:59:25 11/13/02 (3)
- Re: That would be an acceptable argument if... - Gate 16:33:46 11/13/02 (0)
- Very nice (and very obscure) Dylan! nt - MikeJ 13:22:16 11/13/02 (1)
- It's the truth well-told (nt) - Steve Culton 13:54:55 11/13/02 (0)
- But what's the point? - Allan Songer 10:34:14 11/13/02 (0)
- severe on the van gelding sound - hifitommy 23:21:19 11/12/02 (6)
- Re: severe on the van gelding sound - suretyguy 08:20:22 11/13/02 (5)
You can not post to an archived thread.