In Reply to: How are those budget Sony Box sets? Do they sound decent? posted by kuma on June 26, 2012 at 20:32:43:
I have the Casadesus/Szell/Mozart Piano Concertos and Levine/Mahler boxes. Despite the boxes having a 24bit logo on them, I compared discs in these boxes to previous CD issues of the recordings that I own, and the sound is identical.
But given the dirt cheap pricing, I'm not really surprised, and can't complain. But obviously Sony should be truthful about the remastering their using.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - How are those budget Sony Box sets? Do they sound decent? - kuma 20:32:43 06/26/12 (15)
- Levine Mahler - Bob Stern 00:19:05 06/30/12 (0)
- RE: How are those budget Sony Box sets? Do they sound decent? - Tadlo 14:05:58 06/27/12 (3)
- Thanks... - kuma 23:46:39 06/28/12 (2)
- No new remastering in my experience - Thornhill 13:56:04 06/27/12 (3)
- Casadesus Szell - pbarach 14:34:30 06/27/12 (2)
- RE: How are those budget Sony Box sets? Do they sound decent? - Old Listener 12:36:28 06/27/12 (2)
- I have been finding out 'newer' don't mean better... - kuma 23:55:51 06/28/12 (1)
- RE: I have been finding out 'newer' don't mean better... - Old Listener 00:26:40 06/29/12 (0)
- Glad you asked. I was considering buying the - jult52 11:55:44 06/27/12 (2)