Home Music Lane

It's all about the music, dude! Sit down, relax and listen to some tunes.

Everyone respects the the input of musicians on music

Thanks. Look, I agree that Uchida may not be the most consistently good Schumann interpreter, despite her chops. I have some of hers in Mozart and I like them. I am disappointed by her Schumann Fantasy. I have not heard the work you mentioned.

Cortot? Ok, he is great in some Chopin, but from an era when pianists were not held to the standards that exist today. I have never heard his Schumann.

Arrau, I am not familiar with, only by reputation.

My concerns are with de Larrocha and Kempff. I like their approaches in Schumann, although I can hear some off notes. It is too bad that the recordings I've heard were performed in their later years when their technical facilities were diminished.

I have also briefly heard, but will continue to listen to, both Pollini and Perahia doing their Schumann. I respect their technical facility and taste, although I have some doubts about them overall in Schumann. That is specifically in Op. 17. They are first rate in many other recordings I have of them with other composers.

I will continue on my quest and it will take a lot longer than I originally thought.

My hope is that you will consider this something for the longer term. If you love Schumann music, I hope you will consider continuing to follow up on this whenever you get the chance to post about it.

I'm retired and still quite busy. I can understand how the overload of everyday life can interfere with any commitments that are non essential to every day life.

I appreciate your comments on this.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Everyone respects the the input of musicians on music - MichaelV8 17:27:39 03/22/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.