adidas Originals for Lang Lang
adidas Originals has created a unique pair of sneakers for the world-renowned Chinese pianist Lang Lang. The extremely stylish and music-linked limited edition of the successful adidas Originals iconic model Gazelle is worn by the artist himself. Furthermore, it allows all his fans to express and celebrate both their enthusiasm for Lang Lang and their very own originality in street fashion.
25-year-old Lang Lang is one of the most outstanding pianists of our time and has played with all the top orchestras and conductors in the world. In 2008 he will again be touring all over the world with a very special highlight gig at the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. In his highly acclaimed concerts Lang Lang connects with the audience on a deeply personal level, which promotes him to the most adequate ambassador of classical music and to a role model for young people.
Lang Lang has been a huge sports fan and has been fascinated by adidas as a brand for a long time. He sees adidas Originals as both artistic and creative and comments on the cooperation:
â€œAs an international pianist I combine both artistry and enthusiasm for sports â€“ especially football. This was the beginning of a concept to make a special adidas artist shoe model. adidas as a brand is more than only sports. adidas is strongly showcased in the music scene. Therefore the linking of sports and culture is a very natural combination.â€
Ben Pruess, Global VP adidas Originals about the collaboration:
â€œLang Lang is a true original. His passion for creativity, fun and individuality are evident not only in his music and his lifestyle. His skills in using the piano as a tool of self-expression are truly world-class and not unlike that of any top sportsman, artist and creator. His passion for fashion, football and the elements of adidas Originals shows the dynamic lifestyle of our brand and consumersâ€™ life.â€
The successful adidas Originals iconic model Gazelle was first released in 1968 as an athletic training shoe. The highly elegant black and golden Lang Lang special edition includes the Lang Lang name in Chinese at the heels as well as a silhouette of the pianist in typical concert pose. Moreover the inside of the sneaker links to Lang Langâ€™s music in having golden piano pedals printed on the sock liners.
The Lang Lang Gazelle hits retail as a limited edition from June 2008 onwards. The shoes will be exclusively available at Originals and selected Sport Performance stores worldwide, retailing at a price of 85 â‚¬ / 85 $.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Just when you thought you couldn't loath Lang Lang anymore... - Thornhill 04:59:59 06/11/08 (15)
- RE: Master Lee Spi Ke says - Neil E. 11:11:10 06/14/08 (0)
- Glass Half Full - jec01 05:37:35 06/12/08 (0)
- RE: They should give him a running start over the critics.....nt - LongPlay 22:05:32 06/11/08 (0)
- Well, Some May Think It Will Provide........ - Todd Krieger 20:45:58 06/11/08 (0)
- I thought he was a Panda Bear... nt - clarkjohnsen 14:02:39 06/11/08 (0)
- Is this what pitching a Lang Lang Doodle all night long really means? - kerr 12:50:01 06/11/08 (0)
- Apparently your loathing for Lang Lang is boundless... - musetap 11:59:19 06/11/08 (0)
- And this bothers you why, exactly? nt - markrohr 10:56:47 06/11/08 (5)
- It's shameless to the level of Krusty the Clown - Thornhill 13:47:44 06/11/08 (4)
- "Absurd and greedy" . . . is when someone *else* makes money. - markrohr 05:08:39 06/14/08 (0)
- Oh come on now.. - Paul_A 17:01:11 06/11/08 (0)
- Hey! I want one of those angioplasty kits1 (nt) - Pat D 16:27:54 06/11/08 (0)
- Guess you hate Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods too, eh? nt - Rick W 14:34:32 06/11/08 (0)
- I don't know *your* reason (you don't say) but certainly some people do loath success (of others). nt - bjh 09:18:00 06/11/08 (0)
- Yikes - These types of stories are coming out of the woodwork! - Chris from Lafayette 08:22:58 06/11/08 (0)