In Reply to: RE: AND PLACE INSIDE A FARADAY CAGE. posted by Inmate51 on August 16, 2012 at 09:25:31:
I consider what I saw "proof".
I saw the house (on a pinnacle). I saw the absurd number of lightening rods being installed on top. I saw the mesh grid of thick heavy wires across the entire roof. I saw the mesh grid of wires up and down every wall of the building, going between every pair of windows, horizontally and vertically. I saw the workmen pounding stakes into the ground.
I asked the owner why he was putting in such "absurd" lightening protection and he told me about what had happened to three PCs in their unopened shipping crates. He showed me the three new unopened PCs. He is a well regarded author of books on computing technology and definitely a person of integrity. I have no reason to doubt his story. The owner had been affiliated with IBM at a high level and undoubtedly still had many personal connections with the company. I am sure he was aware in detail of how these machines had been damaged. Since what he reported is consistent with my understanding of theory I consider this matter "case closed".
One can debate the applicability to other sites, since few people live on top of a pinnacle.
"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar
Edits: 08/18/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Lightning noise - Inmate51 19:59:31 08/14/12 (22)
- RE: Lightning noise - russ69 22:24:38 08/16/12 (0)
- I don't. Something in your system is picking up noise like AM radio does - Chris O 07:38:30 08/15/12 (1)
- RE: I don't. Something in your system is picking up noise like AM radio does - Inmate51 07:50:33 08/15/12 (0)
- RE: Lightning noise - Inmate51 07:34:30 08/15/12 (3)
- RE: Lightning noise - mls-stl 07:36:54 08/15/12 (2)
- Maybe this thing will help - Rob Doorack 07:26:50 08/15/12 (5)
- RE: Maybe this thing will help - pictureguy 22:18:21 08/15/12 (0)
- RE: Maybe this thing will help - Inmate51 07:44:53 08/15/12 (3)
- UNPLUG! - woober goober 07:21:29 08/15/12 (5)
- AND PLACE INSIDE A FARADAY CAGE. - Tony Lauck 16:53:18 08/15/12 (4)
- RE: Lightning noise - riley804 03:14:37 08/15/12 (1)
- RE: Lightning noise - Rockethead26 03:41:39 08/15/12 (0)
- RE: Lightning noise - IEaudiodude 20:25:01 08/14/12 (0)
- RE: AND PLACE INSIDE A FARADAY CAGE. - Tony Lauck 11:01:47 08/16/12 (0)