In Reply to: I have done this...if you have no more than six locations... posted by Steve Parry on July 2, 2012 at 13:17:31:
Yeah my family has a 4 zone selector made by Niles that they're no longer using... I've just gone around the house and counted, and it seems that there are 7 pairs total of speakers, each with their own volume control knobs. So looks like a big multi channel amp is the way to go.
Additionally, I double checked the cables coming through the wall, and only 4 of them seem to actually be speaker cables. This was originally set up by a professional, and he/she has marked 2 of the cables "Patio volume", and the other two "HSE". (could HSE just mean house?)
In total, there are 3 patios, with 6 speakers, so I'm not sure how there could only be two patio cables. My fear is that when the previous owners left, they allowed a number of cables to slip behind the wall. I bought fish tape a week or so ago to try and run cables through the walls, but am completely inept with it :).
I can tell this is going to be a long uphill battle... I'm starting to wonder if hiring a pro would be the right move here.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Just bought a house prewired with speakers- attempting to set it up properly. - chasetcurry 10:22:23 07/02/12 (15)
- RE: Just bought a house prewired with speakers- attempting to set it up properly. - Bones13 19:42:53 07/02/12 (0)
- I have done this...if you have no more than six locations... - Steve Parry 13:17:31 07/02/12 (5)
- RE: I have done this...if you have no more than six locations... - chasetcurry 19:43:33 07/02/12 (3)
- It is possible ... - reelsmith. 06:29:07 07/03/12 (2)
- Thanks for the link, Steve ... - andyr 19:15:01 07/02/12 (0)
- You need something like this: - Prisoners 11:08:47 07/02/12 (0)
- That's cool - rocky raccoon 10:47:26 07/02/12 (6)
- RE: That's cool - chasetcurry 11:14:09 07/02/12 (5)