In Reply to: RE: Disagree.... posted by Brian Walsh on June 25, 2012 at 11:54:33:
I've never lived in Texas, but on a trip, I stopped in Galen Carol Audio & was bowled over by the way I was treated. MANY years later, I purchased a few items from them via mail order & have more than once sung their praises.
I went to school down in New Mexico, and when I had the chance, I frequented a pair of dealers in Albequerque. Never directly purchased anything from either dealer, but sent a number of friends to each & they certainly made $$ from my good will word of mouth.
I was born and raised in Illinois, and for the last decade plus that I was in the state, I lived probably 20 to 30 minutes from your store. Was quite interested in a number of lines you carry, but never felt terribly inclined to visit. When people I knew were interested in rather big ticket purchases, for whatever reason, I directed them to a dealer in Louisiana, or to take a trip to Utah.
Sometimes it isn't just the bottom line price, and at other times it may just be. Often, it is just a matter of convenience or general "feel" for a particular transaction.
Something similar would be a friend of mine who wanted to replace the bass panels in his full range ribbon speakers. He would have spent multi-kilobucks just for the parts, but the (current) manufacturer does not make them available to individuals & requires you to interact with one of his representitives/installers. He didn't wish to do so, and simply chucked his full-ranges in the bin.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Spearit Sound - Stephæn 21:20:43 06/24/12 (29)
- RE: Spearit Sound - "Red" 07:42:56 06/29/12 (0)
- Thanks, again, all. - Stephæn 12:39:15 06/27/12 (0)
- RE: Spearit Sound - stereo5 16:43:37 06/25/12 (0)
- RE: Spearit Sound - tamule 13:39:35 06/25/12 (0)
- I bought an expensive preamp from them once - mbnx01 10:18:14 06/25/12 (0)
- I wouldn't share any product lines with him - Brian Walsh 09:04:21 06/25/12 (14)
- RE: I wouldn't share any product lines with him - jacktoz 13:22:26 06/27/12 (3)
- RE: I wouldn't share any product lines with him - jacktoz 09:00:01 06/30/12 (0)
- RE: I wouldn't share any product lines with him - The Heretic 13:08:56 06/29/12 (0)
- RE: I wouldn't share any product lines with him - fantja 15:54:18 06/27/12 (0)
- However..... - JimK 14:10:50 06/25/12 (2)
- Same here... - AbeCollins 17:32:00 06/25/12 (0)
- Completely agree (nt) - Brian Walsh 14:14:17 06/25/12 (0)
- Disagree.... - plugmein 11:31:06 06/25/12 (6)
- RE: Disagree.... - Brian Walsh 11:54:33 06/25/12 (5)
- What about these examples... - David S. 13:19:29 06/25/12 (2)
- RE: What about these examples... - pictureguy 20:59:10 06/25/12 (0)
- RE: What about these examples... - Brian Walsh 13:34:30 06/25/12 (0)
- It's more an issue you have with manufacturers, though, rather than dealers? - JoshT 12:09:29 06/25/12 (1)
- Mostly true - Brian Walsh 12:22:32 06/25/12 (0)
- Thank you all. - Stephæn 07:37:39 06/25/12 (0)
- Two online purchases, & smooth transactions, both. - JimK 07:24:17 06/25/12 (0)
- Great experience - Alan A 06:16:02 06/25/12 (0)
- RE: Spearit Sound - nottingham365 04:51:25 06/25/12 (3)
- RE: Spearit Sound - Bob Neill 07:50:22 06/25/12 (2)
- Ralph Spear has been in the HiFi Biz forever - A Former Contributer 22:17:10 06/24/12 (1)
- RE: Ralph Spear has been in the HiFi Biz forever - The Heretic 01:03:19 06/25/12 (0)