I was an Audiogon advertiser for nearly 10 years, and spent 10's of thousands of dollars during this time. They have lost my business for the reasons below. I would urge other advertisers to check over their statements to ensure accuracy, and that they're getting what they actually paid for. Here's my story:
Despite my numerous requests for an Audiogon rep to call me and answer some questions about their new partner program (one I found precious few details about, and clear as mud)- they apparently didn't think an advertiser who spent 10k's of dollars over the years was worth the time/effort to place that call. My main concern was having to pay $250 month for the privilege to then actually buy advertising banners (for additional $$). No one could explain to me what I was really getting for the $250 per month, of tangible value.
OK- no problem, I asked Jessica to remove me from their "partner program" effective 12-22-11, and to NOT debit my CC from that point forward. This request was acknowledged by Jessica. On January 11th, lo and behold... an unauthorized $250 charge was made. I sent an e-mail to Jessica alerting to the unauthorized charge, and she apologized for the mistake, and mentioned the charge would be removed. OK- mistakes happen.
During this time, I also noticed something unusual, after the Agon site switched to the new "improved" format. My banner report showed about 1% of the impressions I previously experienced. The ads clearly weren't being displayed correctly, based on this report, and I questioned why this was happening. I was told on 1-12 (by Jessica) that they would look into this and get back to me. Crickets have been chirping on this issue ever since, despite my follow-up requests on 1-17-12 and 1-23-12. There has been no communication from Audiogon since 1-12-12. That was 30 days ago.
My last e-mail communication to them on 1-23-12 was:
I still have received no follow-up to this, and it is clear the banners are not being displayed as they ought to be. Look at the # of impressions since Jan 8th vs. pre- Jan 8th (see attached) [attached the pdf file I had created of my ad tracking report]
I am requesting a full refund, or pro-rata refund equal to the amount of deviation from the approximate CPM before this new system was put into place and the poor CPM I'm getting with the new system.
Failure to rectify this on a timely basis will leave me no choice but to contact my credit card company to reverse the charge. I didn't get the service I paid for.
Last week, I found yet ANOTHER charge was made to my credit card on 2-4-12 for $250. That was enough... I finally called my credit card company to have the charge tagged as unauthorized and reversed, cancel/reissue the credit card, and also initiated a dispute for $137.00 - the amount of banner advertising that had been purchased, but seemingly wasn't being displayed to a remotely similar eyeball count, previous to their site switchover. The CC company wanted to contact Audiogon via phone (while I was on the line) to see if this could be resolved. I agreed, and in fact said "good luck", since it would appear Audiogon is allergic to telephone communication. I was informed the number provided to the CC company wasn't in service. A formal dispute for this amount has subsequently been made.
Honest mistakes happen, but this most recent pattern of negligence and disdain won't be overlooked any longer.
Audiogon- get your act together, or you risk REALLY being "gone"...
There are two kinds of fools: one says, This is old, therefore it is good; the other says, This is new, therefore it is better.
- William Ralph Inge
Edits: 02/12/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - ChrisVH 10:03:15 02/12/12 (31)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - fantja 08:54:05 03/10/12 (3)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - ChrisVH 08:59:35 03/10/12 (2)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - joncat 19:19:59 03/09/12 (0)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - woofersus 08:17:52 02/14/12 (0)
- Has anyone tried theaudioxchange.com? - interactivevillages 09:53:52 02/13/12 (1)
- RE: Has anyone tried theaudioxchange.com? - adaug 18:12:12 02/13/12 (0)
- I always wondered where the Lehman bros advisors... - onemug 06:40:35 02/13/12 (0)
- Why dont you people start up your own version of Agon? - Pro Sound Guy 17:54:18 02/12/12 (1)
- Thinking about it - longtimequadowner 19:24:29 02/12/12 (0)
- I tried a simple password change on Agon and now I can not post a response to a discussion - PhilJ 17:33:25 02/12/12 (4)
- Use your old password for posting. It will still work..... nt - jea48 18:08:30 02/12/12 (3)
- No it does not still work I tried, it is totally screwed, thanks anyway... - PhilJ 18:53:48 02/12/12 (2)
- Did you try here? - jea48 19:12:38 02/12/12 (1)
- yes I did try this page even before I tried to change my password it did not work - PhilJ 20:28:17 02/12/12 (0)
- I'm done with agon - kev313 17:24:25 02/12/12 (1)
- RE: I've had it with agon! - hodad 19:17:06 02/12/12 (0)
- Just had strange/scary experience from Audiogon - rich121 14:07:42 02/12/12 (0)
- I feel your pain Chris.... - Justlisten2 12:53:21 02/12/12 (0)
- Looks like Audiogon has jumped off the brige, but forgot to tie the other end of the bungee cord.. Alas. nt - Elizabeth 12:17:52 02/12/12 (0)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - genungo 12:10:25 02/12/12 (0)
- Don't blame you one bit..... - jea48 11:51:11 02/12/12 (0)
- OK, let's move forward together - Awe-d-o-file 11:35:39 02/12/12 (1)
- RE: OK, let's move forward together - ChrisVH 11:43:36 02/12/12 (0)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - philltubes 11:23:03 02/12/12 (0)
- woe - Kloss 10:55:12 02/12/12 (3)
- getting your money back through PP - nsgarch 18:47:58 02/12/12 (1)
- RE: getting your money back through PP - Kloss 10:42:10 02/13/12 (0)
- Loved that Novabeam! - Tech Hi-Fi kid 12:12:33 02/12/12 (0)
- RE: Yet another tale of Audiogon woe - email@example.com 10:48:20 02/12/12 (0)