In Reply to: Common sales tactic posted by Corbett on March 18, 2005 at 08:35:28:
Hollywood studies mix movies with Watt /Puppies and this somehow makes them good? More likely they use them because they have a relatively small foot print, scream in terms of dynamics, are astonishingly low in distortion, slam in the bass, etc. None of which translates, necessarily, into good sound.
Lots of folks, including some highly regarded musicians, etc., think Bose speakers sound great. And depending on your perspective, they do. Lots of studios have, and still do, use Cerwin-Vega monitors. Another great choice depending on one's perspective.
Recording studios, movie studios, etc., do not make audio choices based on the criteria most audiophiles find important. Their requirements are generally more in line with what I outlined above. Rarely do the requirements of both camps converge into a mutually respected product.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Those ads for Wilson WATT/Puppy 7s - shamburg 08:27:17 03/17/05 (30)
- Common sales tactic - Corbett 08:35:28 03/18/05 (3)
- Re: Common sales tactic - email@example.com 09:10:25 03/18/05 (2)
- And cars are advertised on wet roads or streets - cdb 18:10:30 03/17/05 (0)
- I've never seen any cables or wires - JDK 17:26:36 03/17/05 (0)
- Why not? - kuma 14:31:53 03/17/05 (0)
- This is audio furniture... - korneluk 12:13:07 03/17/05 (3)
- very cool! Love the Paragon! (nt) - kuma 18:08:10 03/17/05 (0)
- Re: dammit I just spent $12,000 on lunch - darkstar 14:04:15 03/17/05 (1)
- Re: dammit I just spent $12,000 on lunch - Neil49 14:39:40 03/17/05 (0)
- Funny, I think Wilson speakers are hideous - IBSmiester 11:43:55 03/17/05 (5)
- They look good compared to Avantgarde Trios - Atexanathome 14:41:45 03/20/05 (0)
- Actually, they look a lot like... - Fretless 16:19:23 03/17/05 (3)
- Re: Those ads for Wilson WATT/Puppy 7s - LarryI 10:48:26 03/17/05 (3)
- MDF-speakers, here's one. - KlausR. 13:17:56 03/17/05 (2)
- Re: Those ads for Wilson WATT/Puppy 7s - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:09:34 03/17/05 (0)
- Re: Those ads for Wilson WATT/Puppy 7s - anthonyh 09:55:14 03/17/05 (0)
- I didn't see the ad, but.... - pburant 08:49:17 03/17/05 (1)
- agreed... - Jack Gribble 09:04:00 03/17/05 (0)
- Re: Those ads for Wilson WATT/Puppy 7s - Craiger56@aol.com 08:40:18 03/17/05 (4)
You can not post to an archived thread.