one has to be registered in order to place a question over in cable asylum. I'm not registered, so I place that question here, if I may.
Just read 6moons' interview with Stealth's Serguei Timachev
The issue of resonance in interconnects is mentioned and addressed by the design of the Stealth cables. However, in order to have a resonance, you have to have an input signal of the same frequency that subsequently excites that resonance (at least that's what my physic textbooks seem to suggest).
The electrical resonances mentioned occur in the radio frequency range. CD is limited to 20 kHz. How can a signal in the audio range excite a resonance in the RF-range ?
How can mechanical resonances be excited in a cable that is well hidden behind your audio rack ? Where does the mechanical input signal come from that excites that resonance ?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Resonances in interconnects - Klaus 02:42:39 11/09/04 (35)
- Just in case anyone's still following this... - Fisherdude 08:36:17 11/11/04 (1)
- blah, blah, blah... buy a shirt instead - BS64 12:59:34 11/11/04 (0)
- Why don't you just register.... - Ozzy 02:11:37 11/10/04 (0)
- Speakers in the same room (nt) - Jon Risch 10:05:29 11/09/04 (0)
- Interconnects, speaker cables, power cords, TV coax, etc. - Al Sekela 09:56:03 11/09/04 (6)
- Re: Interconnects, speaker cables, power cords, TV coax, etc. - Rob Thomas 13:45:54 11/09/04 (5)
- Re: Resonances in interconnects - NonA 05:04:43 11/09/04 (2)
- Re: Resonances in interconnects - jefe 11:20:21 11/10/04 (1)
- if only you read my post ;-) - NonA 14:36:58 11/10/04 (0)
- Re: Resonances in interconnects - Fisherdude 04:21:24 11/09/04 (20)
- Re: Resonances in interconnects - jneutron 07:45:43 11/09/04 (18)
- Cryo skin effect? - Rob Thomas 13:56:01 11/09/04 (9)
- Re: Cryo skin effect? - Julien43 03:03:12 11/10/04 (1)
- Never trust a penguin! (nt) - Rob Thomas 09:47:38 11/10/04 (0)
- Re: Cryo skin effect? - jneutron 14:19:01 11/09/04 (6)
- Re: Cryo skin effect? - Rob Thomas 14:35:31 11/09/04 (5)
- Excellent post... - Fisherdude 08:49:25 11/09/04 (4)
- You guys are outrageous. Thanks. We need a Leno/Letterman forum (nt) - free.ranger 15:55:57 11/09/04 (0)
- Re: Excellent post... - Steve Eddy 09:27:08 11/09/04 (2)
- Re: Resonances in interconnects - Mike Mount 07:56:55 11/09/04 (2)
- Re: Resonances in interconnects - SoundMike 07:20:41 11/09/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.